Saturday 7 August 2010

Old Quilts

Sorting through the airing cupboard today I came across some very old quilts that I made for my little children who are now rather big children!

Old Quilts In Laura Ashley Fabric




These were hand quilted many years ago in Laura Ashley fabrics, which used to be sold in conveniently cut packs. It made hexagons so much easier! I have decided to dissect them and turn them into more modern pieces - such as nostalgic cushions. My preference now is for more colourful designs such as the lovely (my favourite) quilt here:

My Favourite Quilt
This piece is in a Moda Fabric by the designer  Lila Tueller called Santorini and I am today making a tote bag in this same fabric. The tutorial should be here by tomorrow ... so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.