Thursday 26 August 2010

100 Flowers To Knit And Crochet

Earlier this year I was in Hong Kong at the Airport  ***  with my family when we were approached by a lady who asked "Can you crochet?" ... you may think this a strange introduction ... (I certainly did ... Did we look like the kind of people who sat and crocheted all day?). ... Anyway ... yes we did ... badly, but nevertheless we did!  She wanted to know just  'how to'  as she had just bought a lovely book and some hooks and wanted to try it right away ... we had a bit of a wait for a flight back to London so the lesson duly went ahead.

The lovely book that she had bought was by Lesley Stanfield and was called "100 Flowers To Knit And Crochet". It certainly was beautiful and made me want to crochet too ... though perhaps not then and there!


A Beautiful Book

Since returning to England I have bought three copies of this book already, and now have none myself as I have given them all away to friends to encourage them to have a go. I did, however, manage to make several of the crochet flowers and some of the knitted ones, which I have attached to knitted presents and parcels for others. I have also had a few sent to me and attached to my own birthday presents this year ... they are just so very pretty.


 So Pretty
Pretty In Pink


I also have since tried some knitting. This was my first attempt at knitting and crochet for several years and without a pattern I managed to make two hats and a pair of socks (my first ever - on two needles - now I will try some on four needles as with a seam these were only fit for bed socks!).  It was such fun ... I think you should buy the book and give it a try. I am ordering another copy for myself today!


First Feeble Attempt At No Pattern Knitting And Crochet

Now for some really professional ones ... by Suili over at Apartment Therapy ...


Bouquet By Suili
They are just so     yummy!


*** I also want to mention that the seats that we were sitting on at the Airport were covered in a beautiful textile designed by my clever daughter-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.