Tuesday 27 July 2010

Quilt As You Go Progress

Quilt As You Go progress on my quilt has been very slow due to family and home commitments (Mr Whizz Kid, The Devil Child, and the Little Fairy People - plus all the rest!). Each square is around nine inches and will be trimmed and sewn at eight inches. There is no need to be too precise with this method of log cabin quilt as you go. The main thing is to be accurate with the joins when piecing the quilt together. Firstly make your individual squares and quilt directly onto a wadding - no measuring required if using jelly rolls or jelly babies, and then join into a row and lastly join the rows together. A 'stitch in the ditch' will then join the backing fabric to the design and lastly the binding will hold it all in place. I am aiming for a bright and colourful modern design using this lovely Pop Garden designed by Heather Bailey and available from Gone To Earth. There is a tutorial for this method in an earlier post. The following is my pictorial step-by-step for one square ...

Step By Step Quilt As You Go

I still have lots of squares to make - I need thirty six for a fifty inch square lap quilt (to include the binding), and at this present time only have around half the quantity required ... may end up a cot quilt after all. He he.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.