Wednesday 28 March 2012

Quirky Supplies



   More Goodies To Inspire You


Apart from getting a surfeit of  flowers and chocolate last week I was also lucky enough to be given some more of that wonderful Japanese fabric from  Sew Sister I just wanted to say a little about this company ...  I just love their fabrics and their stalls at all the craft fairs are really an inspiration. They are based in Surrey and make and sell some very quirky stuff; covered buttons and brooches, flowers, fabrics, felts and decoupage and lots of kits. Their motto is "quirky supplies for creative people" and they certainly live up to this billing!


SewSister taken at recent craft fair

Some more of her lovely work

We Love Buttons!!!
Charming Liberty covered buttons

I particularly love their Liberty covered buttons, which are also available online at Notonthehighstreet. They are only £1.25 each and look brilliant on anything.



in the pink and purple mixes
Decoupage papers


They also sell papers for decoupage and starter kits for those wanting a new hobby (sewing, felt brooch kits and decoupage animal kits). This lovely paper above is sold in a set of different colours and designs, each beautifully printed and very suitable for any art project. The pack costs £1.50 and is available from the same supplier.





**************************************




Anna Marie Horner
Lovely Fabrics



Anna Marie Horner 'Innocent Crush'

Anna Marie Horner 'Circus'

Anna Marie Horner 'Sharttered Sun'

Anna Marie Horner 'Summer Totem'


I have been wanting some of these fabrics for some time, itching to have them in my hands indeed, and so today spoilt myself with some from the lovely  'Gone To Earth'.  This company has a great choice and their service is fast and the prices really reasonable.

The 'Summer Totem' fabric, in particular has really caught my eye as the red in it is the same shade as my new Mary Janes and I think it would make a great skirt. I wish my dressmaking skills were better but a simple skirt design, free from a tutorial by Frugalandthriving  will help me out I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. I like the Liberty covered buttons. Beautiful fabrics too ... glad you treated yourself to some. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a Summer Totem skirt would be wonderful - please make it!

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.