Tuesday 27 March 2012

Colourful Homes And Crafts


Colour In My Life
Knitting And Crochet



Miriam Luchetto
Día de la Memoria
Nunca Mas
Mirium Luchetto


This knitting thing is really inspiring me to make some colourful changes to my life. I think I was brainwashed into thinking pastels were best for babies, and subtle colours somehow more 'classy' on adults and yet now I feel pastels are dead boring on anyone and subtle is definately not for me. Give me vivid colours anytime!

My attitude change has been heavily influenced by the amazing  Attic 24  and her bright, cheerful and colourful makes and charming home. She has even inspired me to take up crochet again and this weekend I could be found practising granny squares. How weird is that? I wonder if she knows what she has done to her followers?

I used a simple tutorial found   here  - I have crocheted many things over the years but had got a bit rusty and needed to remember just how it was done and so I found this tutorial very helpful indeed as it treated me as a complete beginner and explained things in a simple manner and with a video. Do take a look at it  ...




Lovely colour!


Mr Whizz Kid is finding this all a little uncomfortable - he truly is conservative and finds all the colour rather strange and unsettling. First there was the purple coffee table ...



That is my pre-dinner drink -  NZ Sauvignon Blanc


... then the red shoes ...



El Naturalistra No 95 Yggdrsasil Tibet  £95
From Natural Shoe Store Covent Garden




... then a "Passion Flower" painted doors ...





Door colour with a passion



Then the  purple studio set





... and now all this bright 'in your face' knitting and crochet - not to mention the 'riot of colour' quilt!




Riot of colour quilt block


Baby blanket progress



I have made masses of colourful strip quilts lately but he was visibly relieved when I gave them all away. This latest one is for us and there is more colour to come! How will he cope with it all?







My kitchen too has had some seriously colourful additions to go with a red Aga - toaster, liquidizer, pots, pans, utensils all being replaced with a dash of colour. I feel so much more cheerful when doing the dishes if all around me is a riot of mismatched colour.






















(I can imagine my friend S. cringing at this post - firstly for the colour and secondly for the untidiness of it all - she loves good (conservative) taste and tidy and everything put away out of sight - I love colour and chaos!)


Knitting Club


Now for some of todays knitting class. As usual the ladies were busy producing masterpieces ... they are all so very talented and so modest with it. Some of today's pretty stuff can be seen below ...




I loved these multi colours - the beginnings of a shawl I think
This intruiqing top made of multi wool and cotton was beautiful

This stunning jumper has been made in no time at all
Trying for a close up was not easy or possible - it was just too crowded
I just loved this pattern and the colour is my favourite blue
Another of these wonderful 'loopy' scarves - this all done in an hour
I so want to give this a go - one ball equals one scarf for around £9


I bought two more colours from the Amy Butler Belle Organic range to add to my already colourful blanket ... what do you think?





'Moss Green' and 'Cornflower Blue' Amy Butler Belle Organics

7 comments:

  1. Yay for riots of colour, sure Mr W will learn to embrace it... or move out ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Attic24 and really like striped quilts....yours are great well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your colour so much, and Pip's tutorial is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing wrong with a bit of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the bright colours in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, I love your colors to bits, your stuff is so cheerful as if the sun is shining in your house. love that curly scarf, love your colorful jersey your'e knitting, the granny block is to die for and that grey jersey is stunning. There's loads of inspiration for your readers on these pics, thanks.
    I'm knitting a some orange and pink cell phone covers with pink roses on for my kids Tracfone LG800G smart phones, so they don't scratch their screens as the phone cost me $50 a pop. I only pay $5.99/month/40 min per kid though, quite a bargain. My kids are all into the shabby chik style which is all about pink, mauve, turquoise and white colors, romance and a French influence. I think it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the color. The red shoes rock! Oh, and your quilts are beautiful. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.