Sunday 21 February 2016

Cauliflower Chipotle Steak





Chipotle Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
 

I do love cauliflower but apart from one or two recipes I seldom find anything too different to do with this vegetable. I then discovered cauliflower steaks. They are a simple and tasty alternative to cauliflower cheese.











Method:
Buy a large cauliflower and cut it right through the centre into two (or more) one inch thick 'steaks'.
I then marinade these in oil, seasoning and chipotle sauce (or chilli powder, oil and lime juice, which appears to have a similar taste). Turning the steaks over leave in the fridge for several hours or overnight. Then grill for around twenty minutes until slightly blackened at the edges - or bake in a hot oven as I do, (I have no grill), until well cooked - about 30 minutes - turning once.
















I served this cauliflower steak with grilled fish wrapped in pancetta and with grilled tomatoes. Yummy. Do give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.