Monday 18 June 2012

Secret Gardens


Village Life

(Part 1)


My little village church needs a new organ. Cleverly some local ladies organised a fund raising event, which was a delight. Twelve local gardeners were persuaded to open their little London gardens for all to see, for just a small charge. There was tea and cakes too - always a tantalising draw on a sunny afternoon! These are some of the pics I took on my afternoon walk  ...




The admission ticket
The plan
A ha ha
Beautiful beds
Little water feature
A quiet corner
Tiny special garden
Lovely clematis
Roses galore
Magical spaces
Tea for two
Private walled garden
Some topiary

Sunny space
An explosion of plants
Pretty picket fencing
Acer paradise
Lovely Lupins
Trickling water feature

More topiary

5 comments:

  1. what a fun way to raise money and get a glimpse of these hidden gems xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are wonderful. I particularly like the Acer paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your walk in the garden very refreshing after all the rain we have had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was loving it, until the water feature, their constant trickling drives me mad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! These are beautiful images. Love magical spaces! Thanks for taking us along. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.