Wednesday 6 February 2013

Leibster Award



Another One!



'Feeling Good'
Carolee Clark


 
Leibster Award
 
 
From the lovely Rachel at Go Placidly



The lovely Rachel at  Go Placidly  has nominated me for another award. Rachel's blog is a wonderful mix of books, films, music and crafts with a little history thrown in. Thank you Rachel. Now I do know that these awards are pretty useless and are given out to everyone regardless of merit - but it at least it lets me know that someone out there is at least reading the stuff I write and seeing my photos. This time I will try and comply with the rules;  (I did not with the last two).

Six random things about me:

So far I have had two husbands and too many children and animals. (HaHa).
I have lived in over twenty different places.
My love of travel has taken me around the world several times, usually alone.
I love to read and listen to Radio 4. (Not at the same time!)
I am most proud of attaining a diploma, two degrees, a teaching qualification and becoming a university lecturer in my thirties after leaving school at sixteen with few qualifications.
Eating out is my favourite pastime - especially with Mr Whizz Kid.


The questions Rachel asked:

1. My favourite poem is ...
'Dreams' by Langston Hughes. This was a difficult choice because another Langston Hughes poem  'Mother To Son'  is an equal favourite of mine, but too long to post here.





Dreams by Langston Hughes

 
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.
 


2. My hero is ...
Nelson Mandela who has devoted his life and liberty to dismantling apartied, racism and poverty.





My hero
via google



3. My favourite author is ...
CormacMcCarthy. I discovered this wonderful writer after seeing the film 'No Country For Old Men', (which I loved), and just had to read it ... and then came all his other books ... 'The Road',  'All The Pretty Horses', etc., etc. His writing is amazing and he always transports me to another time and place.







Cormac McCarthy
My favourite author
via google






4. The skill I would most like to develop is ...
I should love to be good at cooking cakes. They are almost impossible in an Aga.




Cake
via google





5. My favourite place is ...
Nice, on the French Riviera. I adore the sizzling sea, the busy boulavards, the stunning architecture, the parks full of fragrant flowers, the cosmopolitan cafes, the colourful markets, the sophisticated shopping and most of all the wonderful Russian Orthodox Cathedral of St Nicholas.  I so adore all French towns; sadly my French is rubbish.




My favourite building
via google






6. My favourite movie is ...
'Charlie And The Chocolate Factory' - the original version was called Willy Wonka - it is the childhood I never had!






Charlie Bucket
via google


My Nominees And Six Questions Are



My six questions are:

1. What are you most proud of?
2. What are you least proud of?
3. What is your favourite topic of conversation?
4. What is your least favourite topic of conversation?
5. Who would you most like to spend the day with?
6. Who would you run a mile from?

The six persons I nominate for this award are:


1. Jan at http://stonewellgarden.blogspot.co.uk/ for an interesting blog with a dollop of nostalgia.
2. Lindsey at http://finelinenandpurple.blogspot.co.uk/ for inspirational makes and wonderful photos. 
3. Judith at http://whoeverhasthemostfabric.blogspot.co.uk/ for  recycling, soups and great cakes.
4. Alix at http://used-to-bees.blogspot.co.uk/ for making pretty somethings out of nothings.
5. Dennis at http://www.unboundknits.com/ for inspirational man knitting.
 6. Matt at http://accordingtomatt.blogspot.co.uk/ for inspirational man crochet.



 Now You Know As Much About Me As I Am Willing To Tell You!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, now I know you a little bit better, off to check out the other blogs you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me....I love to visit your blog and am now going to visit the others you have nominated...after I have answered my questions xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alas I've only ever flown out of Nice (never flown in, little known fact about odd flight times between the UK and Avignon having meant coming in there and out of Nice!) but all the pictures I've seen look fab, perhaps I need to venture there some time for a closer look...

    Good luck with the baking endeavours, and I particularly love that you've had 2 husbands so far ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Love hearing that little bit more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, thanks for nominating me! I am going to have to do some thinking about those questions, so will get the answers on my blog as soon as I possibly can! I am going to have a look at your other nominations now..
    x

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.