Balsamic Red Pepper SaladMy main interest in life is food. I love to grow it, source it, buy it, prepare it, cook it, feed my family and friends, pass on successful recipes and suppliers, talk endlessly about it, drool over it, and most of all eat and enjoy it! Perhaps you do to? If so, then this is the blog for you. Today is a hot, sultry day in London. A perfect day for a cold platter and some chilled white wine. This evening we shall eat some lovely roasted red peppers with onions and garlic and basil . I shall serve this with a crisp green salad. The herbs are from the garden (all grown in pots), and the lovely red peppers, onions and lemon are from the local farmer’s market.
1 Red Pepper per person 1 Onion per person 1 Garlic Clove per person 1 Lemon per person Handful of Mixed Herbs Olive Oil Sea Salt & Black Pepper Dressing: Balsamic Vinegar dressing (vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, lemon juice)…to taste. Handful of Basil to decorate.
- Cut peppers into quarters, clean and de-seed.
- Cut onions into thin slices.
- Thinly slice garlic cloves.
- Slice lemon thinly and de-seed.
- Place all ingredients in deep bowl and mix with the olive oil, salt and pepper and chopped herbs until finely coated.
- Place on baking tray well spread out in a very hot oven
- Cook until slightly charred.
Dress with balsamic vinegar dressing and sprinkle with the basil . Serve chilled with a crisp green salad and some chilled white wine.