Tuesday 16 October 2012

Cauliflower Soup



An Easy And Delicious Soup

 


On Friday night we ate at a Raymond Le Blanc restaurant in Teddington after a Private View at
The Landmark Art Centre Autumn Art Show. We often eat there and I am always surprised at the delicious food - often very simply cooked but always extremely tasty and good value for money.

Mr Whizz Kid raved about his cauliflower soup as though he had died and gone to heaven during the course. I have previously made this soup before at home and he hated it! I tasted his soup and realised why it was so much better than my own - it was smooth and (unhealthily) creamy. I had previously left a little texture in my recipe - not only was it not so smooth but definitely not this creamy.

So for lunch today I decided to give this simple soup another try ...





How To Cook Cauliflower
Cauliflower




Ingredients:-

Cauliflower
Vegetable stock cube
Little water
Pepper and Salt
Double cream

Optional bacon

Method:-

Chop the cauliflower roughly using all the florets and the small inner green leaves and discarding the thick stalk and outer leaves.
Place in saucepan with the stock cube and cover with a little boiling water.
Cook until tender.
Place cooked vegetable and water in a liquidiser and blend until totally smooth.
You may need to do this in two smaller batches.
Now add double cream until desired thickness is achieved.
Season with salt and pepper.







Liquidised to within an inch of its life





This can be served immediately with some good bread or alternatively with fried chopped bacon crumbled on top. Mr Whizz Kid wanted both!












A really yummy lunch prepared in less than fifteen minutes - great if you like cauliflower!


4 comments:

  1. Cauliflowers look so good...but I really cant bear the taste :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment about my email...I have ticked the box now so hopefully that will sort it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks delicious, Annabelle. I'd be like Mr. Whiz Kidd. I'd want the good bread and the fried chopped bacon as well. Thanks for sharing this with us. :-)

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.