Tuesday 3 January 2012

Painting Colours

Farrow And Ball



It must be such fun working at   Farrow and Ball   paints on paint 'naming' days. I imagine them all sitting around a large table giggling with glee when the suggestions come in ...

"Oh that's the colour baby Sam makes when he squashes his banana in his hair  -  how about  banana mush?"

"This one is just like the stain on my carpet  -  how about  cats pee?"

"My son has ketchup on everything and it looks really odd on ice cream  -  how about  ketchup slush?"

The real names are no less amazing ...





Mouse's Back
Mouse's Back
Dead Salmon
Dead Salmon
Charlotte's Locks
Charlotte's Locks
Cooking Apple Green
Cooking Apple Green
Straw
Straw






The reason I am so preoccupied with colour is that today I have decorators coming to paint some bedrooms and I still haven't chosen a colour. I love the soft matt chalkiness of these paints and in fact already have several in the house. The colour 'Straw' is in the sitting room and also  in the dining/family room. The colour 'Farrows Cream' is in my kitchen, my breakfast room and also my utility room. 'Apple Green' is the colour of my front and back door and 'Fowler's Pink' covers the walls in the conservatory.

I should like all four bedrooms to be the same colour and have found Mr Whizz Kid and I cannot agree on a colour scheme. The house is a hundred year old cottage with quaint lattice windows and lots of character and so white looks far too garish and bright colours are really not suitable. I have a preference for 'Smoked Trout' while he prefers 'Dead Salmon' - what do you think?





Fowler Pink
Fowler Pink

Smoked Trout
Smoked Trout



Decisions, Decisions!

3 comments:

  1. what fun...while I like dead salmon Im not sure I would want to tell anyone what it is called! Rather like mouses back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the mushroominess of the Dead Salmon - you don't get to say that everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you compromise ? Smoked salmon, or dead trout? Lol. Hope you agreedbefore the painters arrived!

    ReplyDelete

If you like anything you see do leave me a message to let me know.