A Blogging Award
I have been given an award as a Versatile Blogger. I am surprised that blogging about mundane things can be classed as versatile - and even more excited to be getting such a lot of hits and positive comments from all around the world - and an award - thank you Bethany for nominating me.
I shall have such fun giving the award to the people who inspire me ... there are so many of you who are versatile and totally entertaining! I particularly like blogs that have lots of photos, and even more I like bloggers who post regularly. For instance ...
1. I love all the sewing work of Hadley at flying blind and love hearing about her family and she also takes great pics. She also produces masses of stuff to inspire me (and make me feel so very lazy and feeble!)
2. Angie from angie quilts holds classes with some very clever ladies and gives lots of background about each of them I feel that I know them all and they produce the most beautiful quilts - and I do want to know how her daughter's pottery sales and her own quilt shop is going!
3. I absolutely adore Lucy from attic 24 - her colourful blog really cheers my day. She crochets the most stunning stuff and her photos of the area where she lives and her home are amazing - I want my home to be this colourful and cosy!
4. Benta at SLIK stitches really does do some amazing stuff and I like to see her photos and hear about her exploits - but - get that kitchen sorted Benta!
5. Frances at Polly Polkadot seems such a lovely person and I think it must be so difficult to be a mother, look after children, make a living and also do such lovely work too all on her messy desk!
6. Tina at Sweetypie 50 does make some outrageously colourful stuff - all sequins and buttons and bells and whistles - and I just love all that - how on earth does she think of putting these colours and materials together and then embroidering them and actually making them look nice? Beats me!
The Rules Are As Follows:
Add the award in your post
Thank the blogger who awarded it
Write seven random facts about yourself
Inform up to 15 persons that you have nominated them
Write the rules
My Seven Random Facts
1. I dabble in endless arts, crafts, cooking, writing and gardening and am totally useless at them all!
2. I have had far too many children, animals and husbands - (5 - 13 - 2)
3. I love to cook - especially savoury things - I hate sugar in all its forms
4. I am addicted to tea - good strong 'builders tea' served in bone china or rich fruit infusions in glass
5. I love wine - anything good served in crystal
|Beautiful crystal glass|
6. I am a Radio 4 fan
|My faithful friend|
7. I like weird and wacky and colourful
|Weird and wacky|
Lia Ices 'Grown Unknown' ...
Hopefully I have grown a little less unknown to all my virtual friends!